Monday, April 22, 2013

My Review of Winsor & Newton Series 7 Watercolor Brushes

Originally submitted at Jerry's Artarama Art Supplies

Series 7 Brushes - The Ultimate Artists' Kolinsky Sable Watercolor Brushes Made in England by Winsor & Newton, The Series 7 brushes take the best craftsmen they have as each brush is fashioned by hand using the dexterity and skill born after 7 years of experience by each craftsman. The resu...


Lovely brushes

By Jean from Wilmington, MA on 4/22/2013

 

4out of 5

Describe Yourself: Artist

Primary use: Personal

Was this a gift?: No

I have far too many sable brushes, but I love them! In the Winsor & Newton Series 7, I have sizes 2,4,and 6. The one I am reviewing is a 00 miniature. I have only used it a few times so far, but it is similar in quality to the other Series 7's. To be honest, I think in a brush that small, you could get by with synthetics.

The main problem I have had with the Series 7 brushes is that the lettering wears off, even after limited use. You wouldn't think that would be a problem, but if you have two that are close in size, you want to be sure to pick up the right one. Most of my sables are Raphael, Isabey, and DaVinci, and I have not had this problem of the lettering wearing off.

However, Winsor & Newton did replace the one I had the problem with. I'm noticing that now the Size 2 is doing the same thing, though.

They are still lovely brushes, though.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment