Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I've been busy!

I have spent the past several days redesigning my websites and coordinating my blog with my main site. What has kept me the busiest all year, though, was my painting. I had five portrait commissions that were due for Christmas, so together with my "day job" I had little time for anything else. I have joined Fine Art America, and my paintings and photos are now available for sale there as well as on my main site. I am going to completely revamp the pricing on my main site over the next few days, as well. A very exciting first for me is that my work is now available as gorgeous canvas prints in several sizes on Amazon.com
Here is a recent portrait I finished. It's a watercolor on Arches hot press paper, 11 x 14:


The biggest challenge in this one was the hair and mustache. With watercolor, rather than using white, you have to paint around the places that you want to leave white, using just the white of the paper. Painting around each hair really gave me a workout, not to mention probably needing a new prescription for my reading glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment